Woodside Junior Tennis Team
2018 Woodside Junior Tennis Team
The Junior Tennis Team is a great way for your child to have fun with old friends and make new ones this summer while working with our USPTA/USPTR certified coaches to further develop their playing ability. We’re looking forward to another great year of team tennis!
Junior Tennis Team registration forms and payment are due by Saturday, May 26th Submit completed registration form and payment one of the following ways:
1) Dropped off in person at Woodside during Swim Sign Up on Sunday, April 22 from 4pm – 6pm (A Tennis Rep will be available to meet with that day)
2) Drop in WAC Drop Box
3) Register online after April 22nd at http://www.woodsideac.com/register
Registration fee of $145 per player includes tennis team t-shirt, coaching/practice costs, and tennis balls for matches.
Late Registration Fee
Tennis team registration forms and payment are due by Saturday, May 26th to avoid a late registration fee. All registrations received after May 26th will need to pay a $20 late registration fee in addition to the team payment of $145. Please note, if the team registration fee and any applicable late registration fee has not been paid in full by June 18th the player will not be eligible for participation in inter-club matches and will be asked to not attend any further team practices. Once the player has paid all fees in full, the player will be welcome back to practices and will be eligible for inter-club match play.
Mandatory Parent Volunteering
Similar to the Swim Team, parent volunteers are crucial to the success of the program. Parents must volunteer for 2 activities:
1. Home match snack (for each child participating)
2. One of the following: team parent volunteer, coordination of team outing, coordination of End of Season Party or Gold Cup recognition.
To make this easier, we will be using Sign Up Genius to coordinate volunteers and duties.
If you cannot volunteer due to your work schedule or personal commitments, please submit a payment of $25 for the “Lazy Fee” to cover the cost of your volunteer efforts. This should be included with your registration form.
If you do not sign up for a match snack by the start of the season, you will receive an email notice to pay your “Lazy Fee”. PLEASE SIGN UP BY JUNE 16th.
All Junior Tennis Team practices are held four days per week, Monday through Thursday, with an inter-club team match each Friday.
To help the development of our junior players and to encourage NEW team members, DRILLS will be conducted on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Coaches will focus on technique and developing core mechanics of the sport. Thursdays will be used for challenge matches to determine lineups.
Practice Location: Country Day High School Tennis Courts
Program Dates: June 18th – July 27th
(Season will extend through August 3rd for those participating in the Gold or Silver Cup Tournament)
Drill Practices: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays
Challenge Matches: Thursdays
- Returning players should attend practice for the team you were on last year.
- New players please come to the 3:30 p.m. practice on the first day for evaluation and team placement.
- New payers, with no experience must enroll in 2 sessions of clinics to be on the team.
Practice Schedule (Beginning Monday, June 18th)
A Team 1:30 – 2:30pm
· Players have already played on the Woodside A Team
· The level of play is comparable to the high school team competition.
B Team 2:30 – 3:30pm
· Players must have at least 2 years of Tennis Team experience, or similar experience
· Players must have doubles knowledge
· Players must know how to serve, volley, return, and proper positioning
C Team 3:30 - 4:30pm
· Must have a minimum of 6 participants to form a team
· Must be willing to play and learn the sport
· No experience necessary, but 2 clinic sessions are mandatory
*Children from ages 6-16 are encouraged to participate in the team program.
*All team participants are required to wear appropriate attire, which would include tennis shoes and shorts or skirts with pockets to hold tennis balls. If you do not attend the match properly dressed, you will not be able to play the next match. Ball holders can be purchased at The Tennis & Golf Company or through the Tennis Director.